Friday, April 26, 2013

On The Road Again

I drove from Pennsylvania down to Northern Virginia for business/pleasure. It was a beautiful drive, because the Red Bud trees were in full bloom along the highway. The Red Bud

 is one of my favorite harbingers of Spring. The tree has vibrant magenta pink blossoms. In some mountainous areas in the Eastern U.S. the green twigs are used for seasoning wild game in cooking and is nicknamed the "spice wood tree."My friend Christine has a beautiful specimen of the tree growing in her lush garden pictured here.

One of my favorite places to dine for breakfast is Anita's New Mexican Style Restaurant in Herndon, VA. The green  chili on my breakfast burrito was mild in comparison to what we had recently eaten in Santa Fe. But nowhere in New Mexico can one find a restaurant with a beautiful pink Dogwood tree behind the parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment